Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC/Chrome Browser

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

My Question or Issue

Whenever I run a search using the search interface in both the desktop app and through the web browser (Chrome), it limits the results to 1,000 songs. For example, when running the search: year: 2000-2004 AND genre:"rock", 1,000 results are returned. Is there any way to increase this limitation?

Spotify_1.JPG
Spotify_2.JPG
3 Replies

Hey @LordFrieza,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

It appears that the current search result limit is indeed 1,000 items. At Spotify we're constantly testing new thing out, so this may be subject to change, however we can't say if and when exactly this will happen.

We'd recommend to  post an idea bout this on our Exchange - once it reaches enough votes, the developer team will have a closer look. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this is useful. The Community is here for you, should you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

oh this is a real set back in my application.  I signed up to premium hoping it would help but alas.

Is there any way this can be raised?  I am building a toplist for specific genres, and because it only allows 1000 the so called top tracks are not representative of the best tracks found on spotify.

Is there an option to pay or anything else at all to get this raised?  For the sake of helping us mere mortals find great music

Hey @axion777,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As much as we'd like to have a UI interaction for every available API call, we are not sure this is feasible. Maybe you can find what you're looking for in our API documentation. Here it is: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts