Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The search bar is gone, now I can only go to it by scrolling all the way up and pressing search.

Top Answer
Nico
Community Legend

@BearBuddyCookie 

Be sure to check this help site out more details why your search bar is missing. ^^

Peace

34 Replies

i agree. bring that back!!!!! SOOOOO ANNOYING having to hit the stupid search button when it was always there forever.

seriously a bad move spotify developers.

give me a reason WHY you would remove literally the feature i use every 10 minutes? clearly i am not alone.

He problem still persists! Please do something about it, it bugs me every day.

I've never thought about canceling my premium account more. Moving the search bar was the single dumbest idea ever. Put the search bar back at the top of the app immediately.

Same. I'm usually not that much against much hated design changes, but this just only adds unnecesarry annoyances.

Does anyone have a fix for the forced updates? Something like a registery or ini file that I can change. I'm using an older version that still has the search bar but every other week the application still forces an update.

It's very sad that I have to use a hacky method to circumvent the removed search bar. It's been 1-2 months, when is spotify going to revert this?

Unbelievable how big companies like Spotify just change  the UI just because they "need to bring an update" to the cusomter to show they are continuously developing. They obviously never heard off the phrase: "Do not change a winning team"... Please bring back the search bar at the top of desktop version!

Bump to raise awareness for a solution (which might be a way to prevent forced updates after rolling back to an old version)

This is seriously the stupidest UI move I've experienced in an app like this. Hey everyone, for the same price of spotify you can buy yourself a good VPN and torrent all the music you like without worrying about your intenet provider finding out.

Given that spotify is just another tool for record companies to steal from the artists that make music for them, a VPN is probably just as ethical as well!

This is the single most used function for me. The loading speed is also not as fast as it used to be years ago, so for every search I now need to scroll up, click and wait for search page to load... 

I might be overly cynic but this is yet another push in the direction of less user control and more blind consummption of the content you are reccomended, don't bother searching by yourself, just recieve and swallow...

Completely agreed. Search with the bar is much faster and more intuitive. I do not understand why there is no option in settings to enable or disable the visibility of the bar. This way for those of us that want it back, we could get it back.

Yes, I have heard of this happening too. This is a terrible terrible idea. What good does this literally serve literally at all???? I use the search bar every. single. freaking. day. And I would be so so annoyed if I had to do like three extra steps just to use a very very basic function. The search bar is a KEY function of the Spotify app. This is a dumb idea. Please please don’t do this. 

Problem is still NOT fixed

Bump, still no solution has been provided

They did it guys, we finally have our search bar back 😉

Thanks Spotify for fixing this problem!

Suggested posts