Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search by year

Search by year

I used to be able to search by year of album releasedate or by label with "search:2017" or "search:stiff". The label search option still works.. But what happend tot the search by date option? It's not working anymore? 

12 Replies

I beleive we can no longer search by year. I am not sure we've ever could. I only recall finding playlists titled with the year they were created. 
However you can still search by Label. 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure we used to be able to search by year. I used the option regularly. But is doesn't seem to work anymore for some time. For whatever reason

They may have taken the feature away when they changed their interface. 
It sure isn't available anymore. 
I recommend you use their "Idea" page to post a request. I am sure if enough people post the same request they will consider it. 
 here is the link for their Ideas topic :
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas

Sincerely, 

I know we were able to use this as recently as last month. There is an article about it right in the Spotify support pages.

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/search/

You have to have a blank space after the year:2018 to find by year for some reason. It wasn't like that before 😮

Thanks ingit2002! Worked for me.

Perefect solution. Thanks!!

Yay!! That did it for me as well 🙂

Beautiful, label and year search works again 😄

That made my Day!

Sorry, that doesn't work ... if you write year "1970", you find only the songs with 1970 in title or album ... but not Songs from this year ... i think, to search a year is currently not possible

Try typing "year:1970 " Or "label:stiff "
And don't forget the extra space after 1970 and stiff. Should be working.

that works, thx a lot

translated with Google:

Now I know why this worked earlier and now no longer ... I used to enter first "year" and then "genre", since I wrote the space automatically ... this time I gave genre first and then year and then, of course, no extra space at the end ... thanks again.

Suggested posts