Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search engine very faulty after upate

Search engine very faulty after upate

Plan

Premium

Country

Bolivia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When you search by song name, many songs titled like that don't show up in the top of the result list. For example, for the search term "sed de amor", first 2 results are indeed titled "sed de amor" but the next ones has nothing to do with the search term. I believe they've added new search parameters that take into account play history and geographical location, but the result is a disaster. Here steps to reproduce:

1. Click on Search

2. Type the search term, for example "sed de amor"

3. Click on SEE ALL

4. See how the first 2 results are indeed titled "sed de amor", but then other results has nothing to do with the search term

Expected results:

Search priority should be first by song name, then by artist, then by album, etc. as it used to be.

Actual results:

New search engine is **bleep**ly giving high priority to play history and geographical location when searching songs

2 Replies

I downgraded to 1.1.39 and the problem persists, so it has to be something their devs **bleep** the Spotify servers.

I tried with Deezer, and it works normally as it used to be in Spotify a couple of weeks ago:

fukushthead_0-1618597450353.png

With Spotify, only the first 3 result entries are related to the search term.

fukushthead_1-1618597504566.png

Hey there @fukushthead

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We’re always listening to user feedback, and we will continue to innovate the product experience. We'd recommend always using the latest app version available in the official stores. 

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback in the thread. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts