Search function not working

Solved!
Highlighted

Search function not working

Music Fan

After the latest update of Spotify (1-2 weeks ago) the search function only works from time to time. Works on iPhone but not on laptop with Win 7.

What to do?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Search function not working

Community Legend
@masterp123 - It's worth reinstalling to see if that makes a difference too:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener
My problem was solved by returning my Internet connection setting for the DNS back to the default DNS address for my provider. I had originally changed it to a service that supposedly speeded up Internet searches.

View solution in original post

101 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Could you try a clean reinstallation and let us know if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Highlighted

Music Fan

Been too lazy to do that 🙂

But I logged out and in again and that did the trick this time!

Highlighted

Desktop, Win 7 ,  use Spotify ever couple days.  Today Search and Browse will not work for me.  Everything else works.  I tried logging out and in again.  Still the same problem.

Highlighted

Community Legend
Are they working in the web player for you?

play.spotify.com

Peter

Highlighted

My spotify can't serch too!(last ver)

I logout and login.

But it still can't work!

So I decided deldete last ver and reinstall(old ver)!

My spotify can serch!!:O

Last ver spotify software have problems!

Highlighted

Regular

I have been having the same issue. For about a week now. Seems like people have been having this issue since February, and there is still no fix yet? I find this very frustrating, considering I pay monthly, and the browse feature is the real reason for doing so. 

What gives, Spotify? Almost two months and no solution has been provided other than a 'clean uninstall' which I have tried about 5 times now. Seems rather rediculous to me. 

Highlighted

Spotify Legend

This is unfortunately an issue that we're seeing for a small number of users. We have investigated and attempted to reproduce the issue using the information that you've provided us with. So far, without success.

We'd love to fix this issue once and for all but in order to do that, we need your help! Could you guys tell us which version of Spotify you're using and which operating system you're running. The version can be found in the about box which in turn can be found in the menu. Just clicking it should copy it to the clip board. This information is very useful for us in the process of tracking this (and other) issue (s) down!

If you remember what steps you took just before you noticed the issue, that information would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted

Music Fan

It´s working for me

Highlighted

This is really annoying.. I'm using iPhone 7.0.6, and spotify 1.0.0.3251. Every time I try and search I get an error message - hitting try again does nothing. I get a brief message saying I'm offline when I log on, but I can stream and use everything else. Please sort it out!
SUGGESTED POSTS