Searching for Artist: often does not list all albums of the artist.

Highlighted

Searching for Artist: often does not list all albums of the artist.

Casual Listener

Here's an example search that shows that (often) not all albums are listed after I search for an artist's album:

Search for:  lars-erik larsson, click on "Albums". The result now shows 13 albums of Lars-Erik Larsson. This is only a subset however of all of his albums on Spotify. Other albums can only be found with a very specific search, for example:

lars-erik larsson concertino's will show three of his albums with his concertino's. Those albums do not show up in the 13 albums of my first search example.

So my question: is there a way to be sure all albums of a given artist show up in the list? Thanks!

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Searching for Artist: often does not list all albums of the artist.

Casual Listener

Hi! It seems like a bug in the app you've on the phone. Try to delete the app then re-install it by download it from store/play store/spotify.com. Maybe it would work. Other then that, it would maybe be fixed in a futured updated from Spotify.

Highlighted

Re: Searching for Artist: often does not list all albums of the artist.

Casual Listener

Thanks but it's in the Windows desktop app and in the web player (I don't use a phone for spotify). You can try it out if you wish. I don't think it's a bug but more like a bad search algorithm.

SUGGESTED POSTS