Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Selected podcasts not playing (yet again).

Selected podcasts not playing (yet again).

Plan: Premium

Device: PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

As many, many others seem to have said, some podcasts not playing is a massive issue for PC interface. I can listen on phone/tablet with no delay. PC has been sitting on play for F1: Beyond the Grid for 10 minutes, with no activity. If I switch to the phone, it plays instantly. You have said its being looked at, but when?

I have updated, then cleared cache, then reinstalled, all as per your other advice to users, with zero change.

Playlists work fine and play instantly.

Some podcasts work.

13 Replies

Less podcasts are playing through this app now. The Podcast library is not even displaying now, keep getting "There was a problem displaying this page!"

Any intent from Spotify to fix this? At all?

v. 1.1.5.153.gf614956d updated half hour ago.

Still not fixed. Is anyone at home at Spotify?

I am having the same problem, app on the computer not playing at all and web player on chrome only loading half the playlist! 

Hey @JH0073.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you let us know which podcasts you're experiencing this with?

Thanks - we'll be looking out for your reply 😉

@hayleywilson - sounds like you have a slightly different issue which isn't related to podcasts not playing on desktop. Do you mind searching for the relevant thread in the Community and posting there? Thanks 🙂

Some of them have come good, but these not playing at all still:

F1: Beyond the Grid

Chat10Looks3

Back to dropping out half the time and now saying "Can't play the current song." intermittently:
Sizzletown
F1: Beyond the Grid

Others not playing as mentioned.

Having the same issue, The Mistfits Podcast!

Hey @hallieboo.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Just to confirm, are all episodes of The Misfits podcast not working for you?

Do you mind trying a clean reinstall of the app on your desktop? 

If that doesn't work, do you mind seeing if the same happens when you log on with a different account on your desktop? It can be just a free account you've created for this purpose, or a friend or family member's account.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need further help 🙂

I have the Same 

I'm having the same issue trying to get the Teen Creeps podcast to work. I hit play on certain episodes and they never play. It doesn't work on web player, desktop app, or android app. Signing out/signing back in, clearing cache, resetting, closing and reopening, reinstalling - none of them are working.

The same thing is happening to me. Late Night Shots won't play, either episode. They show up with times and everything, but I can't get anything to happen when i click play.

Same issue here, Spotify Premium, Samsung phone, trying to play through the HEOS system to my Denon AVR, That Peter Crouch Podcast. It will play on the phone but as soon as I try and play it through anything else it won't play. No errors or anything but the play button doesn't do anything. Others will work tho, I tried it with the Athletico Mince podcasts and they work fine. Btw this podcast works fine through HEOS using the TuneIn app so it seems like a Spotify issue.

Yes I am having the same issue on Premium,it only started last  week - I can not play "The Daily" and "Digital Planet" podcasts on tablet or desktop

Suggested posts