Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Set the same volume level for all songs not saved

Set the same volume level for all songs not saved

When I set this in the prefrences, restart the app, and go back, it's not saved. It used to work just fine. Doesn't anymore.

Win 10 pro

Latest spotify version (how would you even turn off automatic updates?)

22 Replies

Same here. Version is 1.0.69.336.g7edcc575. I can't believe they still haven't pushed an update yet. Also if you install an older version it automatically updates to this one so you're pretty much forced to wait for an update.

I just noticed that the Normalizer disables on its own without even having to restart Spotify, it works fine until suddenly the next song you play is extremely louder then when you go to settings you find out that the Normalizer is disabled. You enable it, and it happens again, eventually it disables on its own. It's really frustrating.

Does anyone read these?

Hey @Ianuarius,

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you let us know when you first noticed this behaviour? We'll see what we can suggest.

Leo

I have experienced this same problem. You just have to wait for an update, because I don't think that it allows you to fix that right now.

Hard to say. 1-2 weeks ago. It's not a thing that you immediately notice when it's broken. Only after you go to the Preferences a few times and turn it back on again and again and again.

I'm also having the same problem and the crossfade option doesn't save either. I made a post a few minutes ago specifically about crossfade working on one specific artist but not on another. It sometimes works if I stay on the settings page but once I leave, the settings will change back.

Windows 7 Enterprise

Spotify Premium
1.0.69.336.g7edcc575

Same problem. Mac High Sierra.

Same problem here. Spotify 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af on MaOS 10.12.6.

The same problem is with crossfade. My settings will automatically return to their original settings

This was 12 days ago.

And I only got a reply from a moderator by spamming their account on Twitter.

People on Spotify just break their software without adding any features or fixing anything else. I suppose there's a bigger plan there that I just can't see. I'm just left with a broken piece of **bleep** client and a company that doesn't give a **bleep**. With their track record this will be fixed by 2020. I wish I was **bleep**ing kidding.

The best advice I can give to everyone here is that start spamming and keep on spamming @Spotify on Twitter.

Same problem here.

Windows 10 x64

1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af (Windows Store version)

Same issue here.  Noticed it about a month ago.

Same issue, fix up spotify or i won't be renewing my premium.

I have this problem with crossfade as well as normalizer. I toggle them on but after a song finishes or after restarting spotify they just switch back to off. very very annoying

Veni Vidi Vici

Yup same for me on windows 10 version 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af

Same problem here, i'm using Windows 10 and spotify version: 1.70.388.0

seems to have been resolved now after mine was updated today, anyone else?

Looks like it has been resolved. Mac High Sierra.

Suggested posts