Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Several Songs start on iphone but not on desktop?!

Solved!

Several Songs start on iphone but not on desktop?!

Hey there, i've got a problem since more than a week and i dont know what to do. i want to listen to the new album "cro - melodie" and i can find and start the first 2/3 songs. when i want to hear the songs from "erinnerung" up to the end of the album, it seems like he is trying to connect somewhere, but it doesnt start. The funny thing is, that on my iPhone oder iPad there is no problem with these songs. what can i do?

thank u very much!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hmm, the album seems to work fine for me. And this issue is only affecting this one album in particular? I'd recommend logging in and out a few times to see if that helps. If all else fails, it might be worth it to try and perform a clean reinstallation of Spotify.

https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

haha nice 😄 where are you from? in germany its some kind of hipster rapper and all young people love it 😄

cant believe it but it works now! i downloaded this album at the beginning of june because it wasnt available in spotify and it was a very bad qualitiy so i never listend to it but i included the loaded songs in spotify, then i switched the album from desktop to my music folder and i think that was the problem, because spotify still wanted to play the songs on my pc because he linked my playlist with the album that is now online. i deleted the downloaded album from my computer and now the streaming works perfectly!

thx for helping to find the solution 🙂

Marked as solution

Glad I could help man!

I'm from the US, born and raised in Columbus, Ohio, but I'm currently a student living in Connecticut. Are you German?

Marked as solution

yeah sounds great. yes i'm german, also a student in the near of frankfurt, maybe you know it 🙂

7 Replies

When you're trying to play the song on your desktop, what does the bar at the bottom of the desktop client look like? Does it look like the song is playing but doesn't play any sound? or is the song not even starting?

at the bottom the the "play/pause" button looks like the song starts, but down on the line where i can step to any point of the song, it does not start to run. i cant click on it.

i already tried to save it as a playlist and make it offline available with my iPhone and tried then on desktop, but it did not work. dont know, im not sure if its a spotify problem, because this album is nr. 1 album in germany, so i think a lot of people can listen to the songs, but its the first time that something like that happens. i also deleted the cache of spotify, but nothing changed.

thx 4 answering!

Marked as solution

Hmm, the album seems to work fine for me. And this issue is only affecting this one album in particular? I'd recommend logging in and out a few times to see if that helps. If all else fails, it might be worth it to try and perform a clean reinstallation of Spotify.

https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Also, I randomly played the song Bad Chick and I really like it hahaha
Marked as solution

haha nice 😄 where are you from? in germany its some kind of hipster rapper and all young people love it 😄

cant believe it but it works now! i downloaded this album at the beginning of june because it wasnt available in spotify and it was a very bad qualitiy so i never listend to it but i included the loaded songs in spotify, then i switched the album from desktop to my music folder and i think that was the problem, because spotify still wanted to play the songs on my pc because he linked my playlist with the album that is now online. i deleted the downloaded album from my computer and now the streaming works perfectly!

thx for helping to find the solution 🙂

Marked as solution

Glad I could help man!

I'm from the US, born and raised in Columbus, Ohio, but I'm currently a student living in Connecticut. Are you German?
Marked as solution

yeah sounds great. yes i'm german, also a student in the near of frankfurt, maybe you know it 🙂

Suggested posts