Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share feature doesn't share the whole song

Share feature doesn't share the whole song

So I got spotify on my desktop recently and I noticed that there's some wonderful features such as "listen with" that allow friends who have spotify to jump in and listen to the same songs.

In particular I found the ability to "share" a song pretty useful, and it allowed me to chuck songs I'm listening to into a group music chat I have with some friends, seems all good, and even a little spotify player shows up in the chat that you can just click play on!

unfortunately this doesn't work how it seemed like it would, as only a small snippet of the song is played and not the whole thing unless someone has the applicaton downloaded. And this makes it kind of useless to share songs with my friends as not all of them will be able to appreciate it.

Is it possible to share the whole song instead or will I have to go back to the tedious old way of searching for the song on youtube and sharing that link?

1 Reply

Hey @senrabnaneek!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Right now, people that don't have Spotify will only be able to listen to a 30-second preview of the shared song. However, if they have the app, they'll be able to listen to the full song.

Sadly, there's no way to go around this at the moment, but I'll gladly pass your feedback on to the right folks.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts