Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share songs with friends over Spotify???

Share songs with friends over Spotify???

Why can I not simply share songs over Spotify with friends WHO HAVE SPOTIFY? It wants me to use facebook or some other crappy social media platform. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because this would be ridiculous to overlook. 

2 Replies

Hey @Stymeist! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

You can share songs in many different ways without using social media platforms.

1.  Right click on the song/playlist you want to share Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-22 um 10.23.03.png
  2.  Click on Share
  3. Now you can choose which way you want to share

I recommend you to choose the option "Copy Playlist Link" or "Copy Spotify URl" your friends just need to paste the link into the search field in the app. ^^

Let me know if that helps, thanks! 

Peace

Yeah, just seems like a primitive way of sharing songs. The extra steps in copy and pasting urls like you're looking up a website seems unnecessary. Might as well go back to sharing YouTube links!

A feature where, if I go to "share" a song through spotify, there should be an option for "friends". It would then give me a list of my spotify friends, I select the friend I want to share with and it sends the song directly to them in a "shared" tab, or something. No copy and pasting required. I had my buddy get spotify because I thought the system worked more seamlessly, like this. 

Thanks for your help. 

Suggested posts