Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing playlists with friends

Sharing playlists with friends

Hi there!

I've recently sent a public playlist to a friend (whom I'm friends with on Facebook) but Spotify did not notify her that she was sent the playlist.

- There was no notification by email or any sort of notification within the desktop app on the 'Messages' icon to show she had a new message/playlist.

- It didn't show in the friend feed on the right hand side either

- All notification boxes are ticked in her account page.

Could someone help me out with this? I really want to send playlists to friends without having to messag them on whatsapp to let them know I've sent them something!

Thanks,

Reece

P.S. BRING BACK THE BELL. Loads of artists I follow release music and I'm still not notified in my email on a regular basis. £10 a month! come on Spotify. We're all screaming for it.

1 Reply

I have a similar problem; I tried to send the same playlist 2 times to my friend (right click / share / send to.. / typed in full name as on facebook) - nothing.

Then I did the same thing but instead of sending it to his "facebook name", I sent it to his spotify nick name and voila, he got it.

But I am also wondering about "Copy Spotify link". Before when choosing "Copy Spotify link" and pasting it into a conversation, the person you sent it to could open the song/album/playlist with the desktop app. Now it seems like if you share something this way, you need to play it in the Spotify Web Player... why is this? Any way to get around this??? I want to share a URL like (https : // open . spotify . com / track / 6Ra .....) and let my friend easly listen to it without logging in to a web player when he's allready logged in to the desktop app..

Cheers,

Jonas from Sweden

Suggested posts