Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shelf life of downloaded music? Playable on iPod?

Shelf life of downloaded music? Playable on iPod?

Geezer here, mildly confused. Today, I'm confused about Spotify. Tomorrow, who can say?

1. Does downloaded music have a shelf life? That is, will it remain on my target device—regardless of Wi-Fi availability—as long as I have a Spotify Premium membership?

2. I use the Spotify desktop app for Windows because I don't have a smartphone. I do, however, have an iPod (cue laughter). Can my downloaded Spotify tunes be imported into iTunes, then uploaded onto the iPod?

Thazzit for now. Kind thanks for your help.

EDIT: Never mind. Google to the rescue! Thanks, anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Spotify Premium for Windows Desktop v1.0.89.313 (USA)

Dell Precision M4700 Workstation laptop

Windows 7 Pro x64

iTunes for Windows Desktop v12.7.5.9

2 Replies

Hi geezer, Apple's and pears etc? I haven't the exact answer but I remember a few years back when a guy who didn't always have WiFi wanted to stay offline with his synced playlists, so How long could he? Well back then he was told that's fine but he had to go back on line after X Amount of time for some reason? Perhaps things have changed?

Hiya, dennyelvis. Thanks for jumping in.

You're right—somewhere in the knowledge base, a there's a line instructing Premium users to log into Spotify once every 30 days in order to keep the connection erect and throbbing.  (I've forgotton what the actual explanation was, but I know I need to log in once a month.)

And if I understand you correctly, you're saying that the 30-day login insures that downloaded music remains on your app. (I also read that if any of your downloaded songs are pulled from the catalog, the songs will vanish from your Spotify app. Gone, like a turkey through the weeds.)

Tonight's a good night, because I figured out why my desktop app hasn't been able to download music. The culprit was Windows Firewall! Somewhere in the guts of the firewall is a setting that prevents the Spotify app from connecting to Spotify online. For now, disabling Windows Firewall allows downloads to sail through without a hitch.

Suggested posts