Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Show All results - doesn't show any (even the drop down ones)

Solved!

Show All results - doesn't show any (even the drop down ones)

Plan Premium, Country UK, Device PC, Operating System Windows 7

Desktop app.

Search shows results in the dropdown as you type, but on clicking "Show All Results" it fails to find any and says no matches in the database - even though it was successfully finding some (correct matches) as I typed. Very frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@DavidWG

Ooh that's a really old version!

Spotify doesn't offer support for older clients, unfortunately, so if something breaks, it stays broken. I also noticed that Search has gone broken for another old version of the client. I suppose something in the Search feature has changed enough that only the newer clients support it.

I definitely recommend installing the new client!

Since yours fails to update itself, it's better to uninstall it completely, so you can install a fresh new Spotify. Try this:
1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Note: the new client will look considerably different from what you currently have.
For example, Search will look something like this:
Downwards there are also podcasts, videos and profiles (if such things are found).Downwards there are also podcasts, videos and profiles (if such things are found).

So, if you need more help with something (the new client fr example), let me know and I'm happy to assist 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @DavidWG

I am on the same OS and I don't have the "Show All Results" button anywhere in Search.
Please upload some screenshots of what you see, if possible. 🙂

Also, what version of Spotify are you running?

You can find the version number by opening Spotify, clicking on the menu dots - Help - About Spotify.

SebastySpotify Star

Hello, thanks for responding.
Version is 0.9.6.81.gd359a796
(I see it says there is a new version waiting to be installed,
1.0.15.133, but it doesn't seem to get upgraded if I click where it says
restart to install. but that's a side issue)

My use of "button" was misleading. I just mean the option at the top of
the drop down list as you type into the search box, that says "Show All
Results".
As requested, picture attached of both that dropdown and the resulting
(lack of) results.

Thank you.

Marked as solution

@DavidWG

Ooh that's a really old version!

Spotify doesn't offer support for older clients, unfortunately, so if something breaks, it stays broken. I also noticed that Search has gone broken for another old version of the client. I suppose something in the Search feature has changed enough that only the newer clients support it.

I definitely recommend installing the new client!

Since yours fails to update itself, it's better to uninstall it completely, so you can install a fresh new Spotify. Try this:
1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Note: the new client will look considerably different from what you currently have.
For example, Search will look something like this:
Downwards there are also podcasts, videos and profiles (if such things are found).Downwards there are also podcasts, videos and profiles (if such things are found).

So, if you need more help with something (the new client fr example), let me know and I'm happy to assist 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Thank you Sebasty,

Re-installing it has solved it - the way it works is different now & yes it does show results!

I had an install error code of 53 which I looke dup & it seems to happen due to where the install files are put. So maybe this is linked to why mine was not installing updates.

Thanks again.

Suggested posts