Shuffle play only selecting certain songs

Plan

USed both free and premium

Device

Used a PC, Honor 7C and Ipad Air

Operating System

Windows 10, IOS 10, Android 8.0.0

My Issue

The Shuffle feature does not work as a "Shuffle". Instead it selects songs that it prioritises over other songs, so that whenever i select my playlist it plays the same songs over and over again barely playing the other 80% of the playlist

6 Replies

Hey @catmandude778, help's here. 

That's not cool! We suggest that you go through the steps provided in this Spotify Answer

Let us know the results and we'll help out as much as we can.

All the best!

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately this didnt help me. This issue seems to play songs that ive listened to less than the songs that ive had my playlists for a while

Hey there @catmandude778,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Just to confirm, does this occur when using Spotify Connect?

It'd be helpful if you could include some additional information, for example if this happens when shuffling a certain playlist or from a certain device.

Keep in mind that if you've followed the steps in the Spotify Answer and you're can’t find any duplicates or similar combinations of tracks lining up in the queue, the Shuffle function is performing normally.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Im pretty sure im not using spotify connect yet I still get duplicates and similair orders of upcoming songs. Ive tried creating a new playlist of the same songs but to no avail. It usually tends to be songs that ive added recently to my playlists that come on more often

Hey @catmandude778.

Could you try to pick a random song from the list and toggling the Shuffle on from the Now Playing screen?

Hope that increases the randomness to your listening experience. Let us know what the result is.

Have a nice day.

Hi, I'm having a similar problem with shuffle not being properly randomized. I have a playlist that is supposed to last 30 hours, and yet some songs are getting favored, leading them to be repeated after a couple hours, while most of the playlist is skipped over. Is spotify shuffle not meant to be randomized?

Suggested posts