Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle sucks, avoiding a certain artist

Shuffle sucks, avoiding a certain artist

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Lenovo Thinkpad, Iphone 6, Roku TV

Operating System

IOS 13, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist that consists of all of my favorite artists, I recently added a new bands songs to the playlist. However whenever I put this playlist on shuffle it gives me every artist except the new one. Going through the queue, the new band only pops up once in the queue. I added all the songs in queue to a playlist of its own. 

There's 160 songs in the queue... only ONE of them is from the new artist.....

This is really annoying and frustrating me, this artist has almost more songs than any of the other artists, yet is being skipped almost entirely when I put this playlist on shuffle.

Spotify, you really need to fix your shuffle. I have more issues with it, but this one is the big one annoying me at the moment.

3 Replies

Hey there @gargoyleteeth

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about what you're experiencing with Spotify. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the app? This will help you get the latest version of the app synced with the content on our servers. 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem! I made a playlist with like 20 or 30 Yungblud songs and there are maybe like 20 other songs total. Yungblud RARELY plays. It's very annoying.

You are in luck then.
I built an android and web app to force Spotify to play truly random songs.

Suggested posts