Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sidebar is greyed out

Sidebar is greyed out

Couldn't find any info on this in the forum so I thought I'd post about it. 

The desktop app seems to sometimes grey out various buttons, specifically the left sidebar buttons. It's so far happened a couple times since the update. It doesn't break any functionality from what I've seen, but it's very strange.

Using Spotify Premium, Win10, Nvidia graphics latest drivers etc

Last time it happened it fixed itself from just clicking around a bit, but as I'm writing this it hasn't gone back despite doing similar clicking. 

In my screenshot "Your Library" is the only text not greyed out, there doesn't appear to be a specific reason for that. It doesn't change if I stay on another button, either hovering or clicking. 

I've attached 1 screenshot without selecting anything, the 2nd where I've selected one of the greyed out bars. 

7 Replies

Hey @58bergman,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Could you try again attaching the screenshots? They didn't come through for some reason. Once we have them, we can investigate this further.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My bad, must've been removed during a site refresh before posting. I'll try again below. 

spotify.PNG
spotify2.PNG

Hi @58bergman

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if you notice the same behavior using the web player?

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

2021-06-14 18_33_50-Nom Tunes - A Moment to Remember.png

I have the exact same issue. Looks like a bug on your end. Please open a case for this with your dev team rather than just telling the guy to reinstall...

Thanks

Hi @kkum

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? This will help us avoid repeating steps. 

Also, would you mind letting us know if this happens only on your PC? Could you check on a different one to see if the issue persists?

Additionally, we'd like to know if the issue persists with a different internet connection. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Happened to me as well, I restarted the desktop app and the problem went away, and it also wasn't present on the web player. Also my internet connection is good.

image.png

Hey @Mallen105,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Glad to hear that the app is running as expected again.

In case this occurs again, it's a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall to see if that makes a difference.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts