Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skipping song with canvas album art opens a new audio stream.

Skipping song with canvas album art opens a new audio stream.

When I skip songs sometimes a song with the canvas moving album art comes up. if I skip that before it has a chance to load the moving image it will start a new audio stream and play that song. I can then continue using the program as normal and play music va the original stream but now there is a 2nd stream. its shown in the volume mixer as just 'Spotify'. The 2nd stream cannot be controlled and will play from start to finish before stopping and killing the 2nd stream returning the program to normal. closing the program will also kill the stream. This is a fresh OS install. 

spotify.PNG
3 Replies

Hey there @XNE3392,

Thanks for reaching out with this to the Community!

It's possible that some of the apps files are malfunctioning and causing this issue with a second audio stream. We suggest you do clean reinstall of the app by making sure that no leftover files remain. You can find the steps for that here. Afterwards you should also check your Windows host files. This page has the instructions how to do this. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi. I reinstalled the app and cleared any cache including downloaded songs and downloaded a new installer. However the same issue still happens. 

It seems to happen only sometimes however I can get the issue to happen %100 of the time with the this song
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5C0cEThrhTfSTEYiHQ9DNI?context=spotify%3Aplaylist%3A37i9dQZF1DWXXs9...
Playing it then immediately using the skip track button will cause the issue.

Hey @XNE3392,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

It seems the song you mentioned couldn't be found. Would you mind posting its URI again?

Also could you also try replicating the issue with both the MicrosoftStore version of the app as well as the one from our website? Let us know if you get the same results.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts