Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skipping songs

Skipping songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Lenovo

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I hit the play button the songs are skipping and none of it playing. I tried to reinstall but I still have the same problem. If I cant find a solution I will stop using Spotify

6 Replies

Hey @mockingbird144, help's here.

Does this happen with all playlists/albums, or only specific ones? Can you try searching for an album, and play it to see if the same issue occurs?

We also suggest that you perform a reinstall of the app with these steps, and try different networks.

If that doesn't work, get back with a screenshot and some more info about what's happening and we'll help you out. 

All the best!

As I mentioned in my help request, I alreday tried reinstalling but the
problem still contiunes. It happens in every playlist not just the specific
ones

Hi all,

I think I'm having the exact same problem described here on my Windows 10 laptop's app. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, as well as updating and restarting my laptop. The problem has been occuring on and off for a couple months, across various networks and network speeds, and it has never happened on the app on my iphone, so usually I just switch over. 

I attached a screenshot but I'm not sure if it's very helpful. Basically, I open the app and press play (the issue still occurs if I search for a playlist or song) and it acts like I'm hitting skip over and over again. No music plays, it simply switches to the next song and the next one and so on until it runs through the whole playlist at which point it stops. 

Thank you and let me know if I can give any other information to help. 

spotify.png

I also mentioned it in my first comment. I have already tried reinstall, it's not working. The problem happens in every playlist not just the spesific ones. I really got tired of using web player. I took a screenshot but it is in turkish. On the top it says "Spotify cannot play this right now. If the file is in your pc you may transfer it." in blue layer.

Spotify.png

Did you solve it yet or not? 

Hi all,

I have exactly same problem with my desktop app for Windows 10. I don't have this problem on my desktop app for Windows 7 and mobile app for IOS. Please let me know what to do to fix it.

Best

Suggested posts