Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slowly accumulating hard drive space

Slowly accumulating hard drive space

Here's the skinny.

It seems that Spotify is slowly taking up more and more space.  When I've left Spotify running over the period of a few hours (while in my dorm room homeworking or some such business), I'll check OS (C:) and there will be less space than earlier.

For example, I knew I had 30GB free.  Four hours of running Spotify later, I had 29.6GB.  So, I went into my drive and deleted the Local Storage file, and that gave me 0.2GB back, but that other 0.2 seems to be gone forever.  The next time I ran Spotify for an extended time, the same thing happened, and I can't have all this space being eaten up.

I'm hoping that this is a common cache issue with a simple fix that I'm unaware of as I am but a young grasshopper.  What do?

2 Replies

Spotify only stores cache files. You can set a hard limit for it in your preferences. Anything else is another program, or the operating system itself, taking up space. Did you also try emptying your recycle bin after deleting the files?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks for the response!  I did indeed empty my recycling bin.  I've set my preferences to 1GB (because I would rather not cache anything, to be honest), so time will tell if it stops after a full GB.  Do you know offhand if this is the proper (and only) file to delete?

C:\Users\__MyName__\AppData\Local\Storage

Suggested posts