Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Small Song Banner left down corner disappeared

Small Song Banner left down corner disappeared

Hi Spotify team. I have a problem with the little song banner in the upper left corner disappearing on version 1.1.84.716 when I play a truck game called Euro Truck simulator 2 on PC. I play on Windows 10. When I'm out of the game, the song banner appears when I pause, and div. I uninstalled both the game and Spotify, but it did not help.

Please fix this

I post a picture of the problem:

https://prnt.sc/-Ptga6-c7-UX

Here is another picture of everyone under Display is on:

https://prnt.sc/N4nwnoiZPHdZ

13 Replies

Hey @Ove29,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you send us a video of the issue happening so that we can have a look directly from your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

On another note, we'd like to know if this happens only with a specific game or with all your games. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey @Ove29,

Thanks for sharing this video with us!
There might be a possible fix, allowing you to see the overlay when in-game.
Check out this page, try out what is suggested and let us know if it has made any difference.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Then I looked at the link you gave me, but none of the options work. I have also linked the account to the Xbox game bar that I have on the PC pre-installed, but that did not help. I barely remember that I pressed 'chrome.exe' by accident while playing, does it have something to say so that it disappeared? I'm adding a picture I found.

https://prnt.sc/6H3-7zvpwaAM

Hey @Ove29,

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, is this happening with other games (any genre)?

On another note, tell us (if possible) if the issue persists when playing multiple games installed from different platforms (Steam, Xbox, Microsoft) and let us know if you use any gamepad/steering wheel.

We'll be holding up.

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Then I tested another truck game called American Truck Simulator which is installed via Steam, where I get a song banner in the left corner when I change song / stop the music. What can be wrong then?

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is installed via Steam such as American Truck Simulator. Yes, I use Logitech G29 for info.

Hey @Ove29!

Could you test setting the game into Windowed mode (maximized) to see if the media overlay would appear then? This can be done from the game's video settings.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Yes, it came up when I did.

Hey @Ove29

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind trying to use the media overlay with other apps different from games/steam to check if it works as expected? 

Keep us in the loop. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello again. Then I tested media overlay on other apps, for example Google Chrome, and it works as it should. I have also tested some other games that I do not have on Steam, and media overlay comes up when I pause / play the next music.

Hey @Ove29,

Thanks for your response.

So if the game is in windowed mode all seems to work as expected is that correct? Could you also let us know if the other media controls actually work while you're gaming and pressing the corresponding buttons (for example does pausing the music work), so we can be sure that only the overlay functionality is misbehaving? 

On another note, it seems taht there is a newer version of the Spotify desktop app out now that you can try by doing a clean reinstall and see if it will make a difference for your experience.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello. When the game is in window mode, the media overlay will appear. But when I go back to full screen, it does not come up.

Yes, all media controls work properly when I play. Also the one who pauses the music.

I also clicked on the link and performed a clean reinstall of the app, following all the steps for Windows 10. But it still does not work.

The music I play works as normal, only that the media overlay does not come up during play.

Spotify for Windows
1.1.86.857.g3751ee08

Hi there @Ove29,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems the game is overlaying in a special type of full screen that prevents our overlay from appearing. This can happen for example if the game has any anti-cheat protection built i Unfortunately there's nothing we can do on our as this is caused by the other app and we don't have any control over that.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great continued day!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts