Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

So after this baffling update, what's the best way to....

Solved!

So after this baffling update, what's the best way to....

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop, Android

Operating System

Windows 7, Android... latest? I dunno.

My Question or Issue

How do I play all my saved tracks from one artist? Last week, I could simply browse to that artist in the library and click "play."

How do I do that now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thank you.

To add an artist to your Artists tab in Your Library, you need to select FOLLOW at the top of their artist profile. That way all liked/hearted songs of that artist should show up.

Let me know if this helps!

Felix

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey @terminalnothing!

Could you send a screenshot of what it looks like on your side?

Thanks

Felix

Attached 🙂

screen.png
Marked as solution

Thank you.

To add an artist to your Artists tab in Your Library, you need to select FOLLOW at the top of their artist profile. That way all liked/hearted songs of that artist should show up.

Felix

I mean I guess that helps? That it's the solution? Now I have to go through everything and "follow" all of the artists to get it back the way it was. Should be fun.

If I "follow" an artist will I get their music pushed to me despite having no interest in their stuff beyond what I've already saved?

I'm sorry that this update impacted your Spotify experience in a negative way.

If you follow an artist, you'll receive notifications about new music and their new releases might show up in your Release Radar. However, you can manage how you receive your notifications here.

I hope this helps.

Felix

Heh. Yeah, not just artists got messed up but albums as well. On the Windows Desktop app, I frequently used the ability so see all my Saved Songs in a tiled Album view by switching off the "Saved Albums Only" option. That ability is now KAPUT! Spotify needs a Director of Common Sense.

Can we PLEASE get an ability to see Saved Songs in tiled Album and tiled Artist views. What would be totally AWESOME would be to have this feature for any playlist, not just Saved Songs in the Library.

Hey @Puglifiled!

I’d suggest creating a new Idea in the Community Ideas Exchange.
This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it and perhaps it'll become an implemented feature in the future.

Good luck!

Felix

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.

No problem, always glad to help. 🙂

Happy listening!

@ListenToGlobal wrote:

Thank you.

Felix

I second this. What a completely ridiculous update. Previously I could go to my Artists section, click on the first song and it would play all the songs I saved from that artist in order. What happened and who thought this update was a good idea?

Why do we have to create a New Idea for something that existed and was taken away in the first place?  Previously we could go to artist and see our downloaded music and now its nothing more than trying to force us online.  I fly alot and have thousands of downloaded songs. /smh

@terminalnothing If possible please make this question "un-solved"... the fact that they have removed functionality which we once had, and now have to go into all of our saved artists (dozens and dozens, possibly hundreds) and "follow" them to listen to their songs is absurd and a complete waste of time. I'd rather switch over to Google Play music. At least that app has the most basic functionality of saving songs from an artist and playing them back.

Suggested posts