Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some playlists stuck on "waiting" since new update

Solved!

Some playlists stuck on "waiting" since new update

I have a number of playlists with locally stored tracks. I imported them into Spotify on PC and then it downloaded onto the Android app no problems. However now some of the tracks on my PC say "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." However the file originated from there in the first place so why can't it find it? I haven't moved the original files or anything, literally nothing has changed other than Spotify updated itself and then this started happening. 

Just to confirm, the locally stored files were not changed, altered or moved etc. 

The files still play on my phone and show up on the playlist on my phone as available 

The PC version on the playlist, it says waiting as it's somehow trying to find these songs to download...

Edited to add: when I search for songs, my local songs normally appear first, all my local mp3s are in one folder and all tracks are showing except for the ones making my playlist stuck?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay well I sorted this out myself by removing the local folders link from Spotify preferences and then re-adding them again. I could see when I searched Spotify for local files, they are now shown halfway down the screen rather than at the top like they used to be. I believe it was the Spotify update that messed up some of the linked files but it's all sorted now. Thanks me. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Okay well I sorted this out myself by removing the local folders link from Spotify preferences and then re-adding them again. I could see when I searched Spotify for local files, they are now shown halfway down the screen rather than at the top like they used to be. I believe it was the Spotify update that messed up some of the linked files but it's all sorted now. Thanks me. 

Suggested posts