Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Operating System

Windows 10, Linux

My Question or Issue

Hey everyone.

Lately I am having trouble playing some podcasts I enjoyed. This does not apply to all podcasts (some work perfectly fine). In some cases (e.g. BBC In Our Time, The Guardian's Today In Focus, etc.), however, I can see the list of episodes, but if I try to play one, it seems like it started, bu it is just stuck on 0:00 with no sound and no movement of the progress bar. Sometimes the episode starts playing after a long time (10-15 minutes), but this is not always true (and I don't think it depends on the episode length) or at least I wasn't patient enough. This also happens to episodes I already listened to some time ago.

This happens to me on both Windows 10 and Linux desktop clients (the same podcasts), but not in the Android app.

The Linux client I use is version 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b (I am not currently at my Windows machine, but can provide the version as well if needed).

I tried rebooting the machines this affects multiple times, as well as reinstalling the apps (also multiple times).

I'd be happy to provide any additional info needed to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

L

2 Replies

This is also happening to me, on Windows 7. I use the Android app and don't have any problems.

It's been happening a few months now. I've also tried rebooting and re-installing.

Spotify, is this a known issue? I love to listen to podcasts at work but I don't want to use my phone!

I'm having the same problem. It's affecting only one of my saved podcast in my PC. 

Suggested posts