Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some song and album titles shown with asian-looking characters in Discover Weekly playlist

Some song and album titles shown with asian-looking characters in Discover Weekly playlist

They say that a picture tells more than a thousand words, so I'll start with a picture:

spotify-bug.pngI have only seen this on the Discover Weekly playlist, for some strange reason. This is a screenshot using the Windows 10 app, but it appears just the same in the desktop client as well.

Since I have Spotify connect to Sonos (come to think of it; I don't think I saw this bug before I connected Spotify and Sonos...), I can cast to a speaker and see in the Sonos app what the song and album title should actually be. In this case it's the song "Ignore Alien Orders" (by Nick Johnston) from the album "Remarkably Human" (I did not like it btw.).

Has anyone seen anything like this? Like I said, I think I have only seen this on the Discover Weekly playlist - not any other playlists, and if search the song manually in Spotify it displays fine again.

1 Reply

Another example from the same playlist:, this time is the song "Aim for the Head", from the self-titled album "Cruzh".

spotify-bug2.png

Suggested posts