Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs are greyed out and can't play!!

Some songs are greyed out and can't play!!

Can't play greyed out songs on Spotify! But yet if I go to WMP, You tube, Real Player, iTunes or Amazon Music and look up the same song it usually can be played in ai least 2 or more of them! So the bs of it has issues being played in "your" country is bull!

I've researched this for over 6 months and its a conflict matter between Spotify, Mac and Windows. They can't seem to make an agreement on song rights and how they can be compensated for letting these songs be played using their software, even though most users are already paying them in one way or another! So my suggestion is to use one of the other music sites I mentioned earlier and the issue will be gone!

Aggravated Too!

Rainbow Farting Flying Unicorn

1 Reply

Hi there @Ragingwolftears,

thanks for reaching out about this !

First i would like to point out that this type of posts should be posted in the "Content Questions" section of the community in order to get the right and quickest attention.

If you're unsure of where to post, feel free reading the community guidelines.

As a first and basic indication, it would be a good idea to ask a friend using Spotify in the same country to search for the missing content on their device to eliminate the option of a local issue.

If this content is not available for them as well, please make sure to read all about about the reasons behind missing content here.

I would like to also like to highlight the fact that Spotify functions as the receiving end of content.

That means the actions of removing/changing the content relies only on the hands of the artists themselves or any other right holder related.

Last but not least, you can learn more about the "Local Files" feature of the app and have your legal content uploaded in no time.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts