Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs don't play.

Solved!

Some songs don't play.

Plan

Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Notebook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Basically some songs just don't play and show a image like this Screenshot_1.png

and It's happens with a lot of songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In your file explorer, navigate to the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open the file called hosts in a text editor such as Notepad. The first half or so of the file's line should start with "#", ignore these, we're interested in the bottom half with the IP addresses. Look for any line with "spotify" in the name, like "0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0", for example, and delete that line. Save the file and open/restart Spotify and the problem should be fixed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have the same problem.

How could we live without our songs?

Marked as solution

In your file explorer, navigate to the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open the file called hosts in a text editor such as Notepad. The first half or so of the file's line should start with "#", ignore these, we're interested in the bottom half with the IP addresses. Look for any line with "spotify" in the name, like "0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0", for example, and delete that line. Save the file and open/restart Spotify and the problem should be fixed.

Thanks, my friend!

Thank you SO MUCH !!!

Suggested posts