Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs from My Library won't play properly

Some songs from My Library won't play properly

I have a lot of songs that are from my library since Spotify doesn't have them, and some of them are grey-ed. If I click them, they will play it; but when they are on the playlist and when it's the next song Spotify skips the song and play a one next to it.

For Example, there is are 3 songs A, B, and C in order on a playlist. B is grey-ed for some unknown reason. If I play the playlist and song A is done and it's time to play song B, B won't be played and skip to C.

I have tried moving the file of the song on my PC to somewhere else and re-add it to the list, but it did not work. I have no idea why this happens.

My attached file shows some songs on my playlist that are from my library that are grey-ed. As mentioned, they do play when I physically click them, but does not play automatically like other songs. This only hapoens on my Android phone app, not on desktop.

Screenshot_20211127-195903_Spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @Clovime,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This sounds like there might be an issue with the synchronization of local files on your mobile.

We'd recommend you check the following:

• In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Spotify is set as an exception in any firewall or internet security program. 

If none of these do the trick, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Try syncing your local files to your phone again.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts