Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some things are in Japanese

Some things are in Japanese

I just started a radio of the Spotify created playlist "Heavy Queens"[1] 

And I noticed songs from the band "The Dark Element"[2]  was in Japanese, I thought it was funny and wanted to share it on Discord with some friends, but on Discord the song title was in English.

I then went to the Artist page and sure enough it was all in English.

But if I go to the Album[3] through the Play Queue it's all in Japanese for some reason.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix the issue?

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Acer Nitro 5

Operating System

Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Build 18363

Screenshots

Play QueuePlay Queue

Currently PlayingCurrently Playing

Album Through Play QueueAlbum Through Play Queue

Album Through Currently PlayingAlbum Through Currently Playing

Album On Artist PageAlbum On Artist Page

Links

Seems like Spotify links gets embedded, so I'm gonna post them here.

[1] Heavy Queens Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWXDJDWnzE39E?si=MJ3ex0BpSOmrZ1iKbRL4vw

[2] The Dark Element: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4yWabEiTzKShbBiy14Xx7f?si=mQTof80sTZurLBRYMZioIw

[3] Album Page: https://open.spotify.com/album/3QkNQaw4JuT0UHf3nZ8VWW?si=8yJpb8OySNa3L2PeduQWFA

4 Replies

If anyone else get this issue...

I got it resolved by reinstalling Spotify, start the Radio again and play one of the effected songs from the Radio Queue by manually selecting it.

Seems like this was a temporary fix as the issue returned the next time I opened Spotify

Hi there @Son_Of_Diablo,

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Apologies for the delayed response, we've just come across this thread.

So we've taken a look at this and can confirm that there are two versions of the album. The English one and the Japanese one. For some reason you've been recommended the Japanese version of the album in your Radio song generator, since the audio of the songs in both albums is absolutely identical and the tracks only differ in their metadata. 

When Spotify creates the sharing links, the app always tries to give you the version that would most accurately match the browser settings and the location of the user.

Hope this information was useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Have an awesome day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Alex Thanks for the info, it definitely explains some things!

Only thing I can't figure out then is why the songs update correctly (shows the English titles) when I select a song from the list manually, but not if the song changes organically (see attached gif).

I have had an extended chat with the Spotify support team and the issue has now made it up to the escalation team.

I will however let them know about your findings 🙂

iPXoq1f0BE-2.gif

Suggested posts