Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song Radio doesn't feature the original song?

Solved!

Song Radio doesn't feature the original song?

For my account across every device, when I go to Song Radio the original song doesn't appear as it died for other people with the same devices.

Attached are two screenshots of the issue. I'm in the song radio for "Mural" by Lupe Fiasco and it isn't in the playlist.

Screenshot_20190424-081538_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20190424-081548_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This issue has been resolved; for me, at least, the function has returned to its original state and I now have the original song appear first on its own song radio. Thanks to all who contributed!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @1244444949!

Because a song radio is curated to help you find similar music to the song you like, I believe that the playlist does not typically include the song it is based off of, as the purpose is to find new songs that are reminiscent of the original.  Likely, the original song is not included because Spotify knows that it's a song you already know and like.

I hope this helps!

It shows the song for other people. E.g. my roommate has the same phone and their song radio includes the original song. Everyone else that I've asked as well. Does it not work for you?

This is something that has recently changed for my account. The selected song used to appear first EVERY time I went to the song radio (for any genre/song, as a standard rule). Now it doesn't appear at all in the radio. That isn't really how I like to use the feature. Would love for the flow to be better in transition... or to add the song radio to the queue... but that would be more cumbersome in processing than just having the original song first like it used to be.

I noticed the same thing, I used to love finding a song and starting the song radio with that song 😕

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. This sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you out.

Can you restart the device and then log out and log back in again? If that doesn't help, we'd suggest to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

Does this happen with another account? That way we can see if it's an account-related issue.

Keep us in the loop!  If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Ver,

Thanks for quickly responding to this! I've experienced the same issue over the last couple of days and it's killing one of my favorite Spotify features! Radio stations created from a song prompt used to begin with that song, which was perfect.

I've been able to recreate the same issue on my iPhone app, my (Mac) desktop app, and even the web player (via Chrome), so it doesn't seem to be device- or app-specific.

I hope we can get this fixed!

Rich

This has just started happening to me over the past few days too, so something has clearly changed.

My favourite thing about the radio function is the ability to think I really want to listen to X song and then others related, but now I have to manually queue the song I wanted to listen to in the first place!

The only time I've seen this happen before is when you exhaust a full radio and it starts generating new tracks to listen to, at which point the original song disappears from the track list in the radio, but it's happening for everything all of a sudden.

Please fix 😞

Hey folks,

Just to let you know that this is an issue we're aware of and currently looking into.

Make sure to head over to this OI thread and leave a +VOTE and the requested info. We'll make sure to keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Cheers!

I use Radio as a playlist, which should contain my favorite song.

Marked as solution

This issue has been resolved; for me, at least, the function has returned to its original state and I now have the original song appear first on its own song radio. Thanks to all who contributed!

Hi, this feature got lost again. Is there a way to get it back?

Hi @nuit8,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Could you tell us if this is happening with any song? Also, let us know if this happens when logging in with a different device.

Lastly, send us over the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your device and confirm (if possible) if you noticed this after a recent update. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hello. Sorry for commenting on an old post but I recently experienced this with one song when using desktop but the song is present in the radio when using the app. On desktop, other songs still contain the original song when I go to their radio.

Hey @Donotcarebear,

Would you mind trying the steps suggested by @Ver?
If those don't help, let us know & we'll take a further look into this 🙂
Thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts