My plan is Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Pc built by me

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How to disable song banner permanently, now its coming up every time i start my pc and spotify and start a song with a media key.. Please gimme help. Thanks!

14 Replies

Hey @w-altsu, welcome to the Community!

Can you give us a bit more info on what's going on with your app? Screenshots showing the issue would also be super helpful.

We'd also like to know what troubleshooting you've already tried.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi @SergioDavid,

I am experiencing the same issue. I use Spotify Windows desktop app and my account is premium. Everytime I start Spotify app it enables song banner automatically. I go to settings to turn off the feature which is already turned off before, I see that toggle is already off but it still shows the banner when I use media keys on my keyboard. I turn on and off the "show desktop overlay when usingmedia keys" toggle and everything works fine. However, when I turn off and then turn on the app, it still does the same thing.

spotify.png

Exaclty the same problem that i have, now we just need a solution  to it!

I have same problem. Spotify Development team, please add this to your bug tracker.

Thanks 😄

Hey @w-altsu and @oznslv!

Could you send us your Spotify version numbers? Also, just to confirm, if you hed to the Spotify Settings > Display Options, is "Show announcements about new releases" off, and it resets back to on?

Have you tried to reinstall the Spotify app? Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hello Alfredo,

It is "1.0.83.318.g6c07039d"

Secondly, no "Show announcements about new releases" button does not turn on automatically, it was off and it is still off everytime I started the Spotify app.

Also, yes I tried reinstall but still the same problem.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is happening for me (version 1.0.83.318.g6c07039d) and it is beyond annoying.

One thing, this is a fairly recent issue.

winver.pngdisplay options.png2018-06-29_09-50-37.png

Hey everyone!

Thanks for getting back to us with this info.

Just to confirm, are you all using the Windows store version of Spotify? If so, try uninstalling it, and downloading the installer directly here.

Let us know if that does the trick.

Cheers.

Nope, I do not use windows store version of Spotify. I installed directly from installer. Spotify's latest version has this problem. I hope the team solve it asap.

Hey @oznslv.

Thanks for the info!

Let'stry turning off Hardware Acceleration under View to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

Update,

The banner (mini-player and volume control) have not appeared for a few days - have Spotify released a hot-fix?

I am using the downloaded version of Spotify - although I do not know if Windows 10 has decided to do something "helpful" and changed to the app store version.

@IT_Consultant

I'm using the desktop client and there was an update either yesterday or the day before. I haven't encountered the issue since then, so it should be fixed. 😄

Thanks, that must be it.

2018-07-04_08-27-10.png

Hey everyone!

We're glad to hear the latest update has taken care of this issue.

If anything else comes up, feel free to open a new thread.

All the best.

Suggested posts