Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song never listened to added to liked songs and plays instead of what has been queued

Solved!

Song never listened to added to liked songs and plays instead of what has been queued

Plan

Premium

Country

U.K

Device

Windows (Desktop)

Operating System

Windows 10 (64 Bit)

I started up spotify this morning and it showed a song I've never listened to as if it was being played (it was also added to my liked songs for no apparent reason), every time I play my playlist, it randomly switches back to this song, as if ive pressed it to play it. Even when its that song im listening to, it will randomly cut out and restart itself. I've tried closing spotify and restarting it, tried logging out and even shutting down my pc but this issue keeps coming back. Also if the song or another is paused, after about 10 minutes it will start back up again.

What is going on and how do I stop this wierd problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @PikeyS999 and @Joffers68 

I highly recommend following all steps in this article to secure your accounts and to stop this issue. 🙂

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey all,

Just jumping in to add something.

Together with following all the steps in the article that @Sebasty suggested in case the security of your account was compromised, it'd be great for you to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date over time.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem - am playing an album from my library, only to have some random songs interrupt it and start playing instead. Very annoying - hope someone can help!!
Marked as solution

Hey @PikeyS999 and @Joffers68 

I highly recommend following all steps in this article to secure your accounts and to stop this issue. 🙂

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks @Sebasty, I've followed those steps and fingers crossed that's solved the issue. Will let you know. Many thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

This worked for me, thanks bro! 😄

Thanks again, it worked for me too!

It was happend to me too. I have premium and only play from my playlist, I use this alone only on my PC at home and my phone (no other public device) and had changed my password recently. But suddenly Jackson Wang's song start playing and appear while I played my list.

Is there any other ways to solve this others than checking my account safety? Cause it seem to be not my problem.

Untitled.png

@An_Nguyen 

You have to follow all steps in that article for this issue to stop:

if you just change password, it won't log anyone out of your account.
If you just log out everywhere, they can log back in.

You can also take a look at what apps you have in your Spotify account and remove those you don't want there. You can find this place here.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Just jumping in to add something.

Together with following all the steps in the article that @Sebasty suggested in case the security of your account was compromised, it'd be great for you to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date over time.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Thanks @Mario, I'm happy to report that these steps have solved my problems.

Hey @Joffers68,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop and sharing the good news 🙂 

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

In the meantime, we wish you a nice (and a safe) day!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts