Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song not available on spotify but I have the song downloaded on my computer

Solved!

Song not available on spotify but I have the song downloaded on my computer

Hi,

I have a song that I have downloaded from a CD onto my computer and would like to add it to a playlist and play it on Spotify, however, that same song is no longer available on Spotify for some reason.

I know that Spotify tries to have you stream their sources rather than listen to your own downloaded track in the cases where they can find your track on Spotify, but how can I "override" this function since the track I want is no longer available through Spotify?

Thanks for any help.

Here is the song in question:

Spotify URI: spotify:track:4DcQaMPvPJxk8y6AjoIyON

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You need to add it to "local files". Press Ctrl+P and scroll down to Local Files, then Add A Source, and add the folder where you have your music stored. Rinse and repeat for any other devices you listen on and you should be good

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

You need to add it to "local files". Press Ctrl+P and scroll down to Local Files, then Add A Source, and add the folder where you have your music stored. Rinse and repeat for any other devices you listen on and you should be good

Thanks.  It was in a location included in my local files but for some reason refused to work yesterday, but has decided to work today.  

Suggested posts