Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song play for 5 seconds then stop and start again, over and over

Song play for 5 seconds then stop and start again, over and over

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

HP Spectre x360

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I had been listening to an album straight through with no problems and then suddenly the next song started and then stopped after 5 seconds, and then continued playing again and then kept stopping and starting again and again!

I've tried restarting my computer, logging out of Spotify and logging back in, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify -- nothing seems to be working! It's playing fine on my iPhone -- what gives??  😞

1 Reply

Hey there @lazykoala

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also good that you logged in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on the iPhone, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts