Premium

Country

Austalia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, somewhat recently I have been experiencing an issue with the desktop app, where I have no control over my playlist.

By this I mean that the only playlist that I can play is my liked songs when it starts it will skip through songs (sometimes playing the first second of them) and then land on a song, begin playing and sometimes play it through before starting the process again, when it stops cycle stops I have control of the scrubbing bar but not over the play, pause and track control buttons.

I haven't seen anybody bring it up before, none of my friends has this issue, the program works fine on my phone. I have tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the app and using the settings like the "private session" to see if it works in a bit of a roundabout way to no success.

Thank you, hope I can get this resolved.

2 Replies

Hey @kb583a-86_3h8!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

You mention that you've tried some troubleshooting steps and we just wanted to confirm if you have downloaded Spotify from the Microsoft Store.

You can follow the instructions here to see how to perform a clean reinstall of the app for Windows 10.

If that doesn't solve it for you, you could try disabling hardware acceleration:

1. Click Edit in the menu bar. Select Preferences.
  2. Scroll down and uncheck Hardware acceleration.
  3. Restart Spotify.

Keep us posted on how it goes! We'll be here if you have more questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thank you for responding, I have now tried reinstalling the Spotify program as you have directed, through the windows store, and have encountered the same problem.

Suggested posts