Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Keep Skipping

Songs Keep Skipping

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I recently downloaded Spotify on desktop and it keeps skipping songs without playing them. Spotify works on mobile and through the internet just not the app, I have looked throughout the forums for what to do and I've tried everything they said to do

I've restarted my computer, my router, I've uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it 5 times but I don't know what to do from here,

Thanks

2 Replies

Also, if I try to play a specific song it says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

Hey @FlawedHuman,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

With the free version of Spotify, you can pick and play any track from selected playlists, but only on mobile. You'll find more info regarding this as well as the differences between the free version of Spotify and Premium here.

Regarding the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it", it means that the specific song is not available on Spotify at the moment but you can import it as a local file to listen to on the platform whenever you want. Take a look at this support site article if you'd like to know more about how this works.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts