Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs and Playlists Showing Up In My Mix and Changing My Songs

Solved!

Songs and Playlists Showing Up In My Mix and Changing My Songs

Plan

Premium

Country
Canada

Device

Windows

Operating System

Windows 10

The last week or so I've been noticing there are playlists popping up in my recently listened to section and it's stuff I've never even listened to. All the songs have these weird icons and when I'm listening to my music it will automatically change my songs to those songs and I cannot change the song, pause the song or remove it, the songs just play on repeat.

I'm using the Spotify web player but it's happening on my phone as well and it's super annoying. Right now if I open the webplayer or my phone and try to play any song it changes to a song called No One - Ludov the Sweden (anytime I open spotify it plays and loops and can't be changed) and I have no idea who this is and it's not even in english and there is also random playlists and compilations.

They all have the same looking icon with a flat color and the name on it:
icon.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @eight_c 

It looks like your account has been compromised and is actively used by something else.

I highly recommend following all the steps in this article to secure your account as well as revoking access to all apps you don't recognise on your account.

If you made your account in Spotify and later connected it to Facebook, you should change the passwords for both Facebook and Spotify.

If the issues persist, go to the article I linked and follow Step 2. 🙂

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @eight_c 

It looks like your account has been compromised and is actively used by something else.

I highly recommend following all the steps in this article to secure your account as well as revoking access to all apps you don't recognise on your account.

If you made your account in Spotify and later connected it to Facebook, you should change the passwords for both Facebook and Spotify.

If the issues persist, go to the article I linked and follow Step 2. 🙂

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. Changed everything so I'll have to see how things go from here.

This exact same thing is happening to my Spotify. The same exact song. Wth is happening?! Luckily right now it’s only happening when I use the desktop version. 

The exact same song is force playing on my desktop as well. I doubt this is an individual security compromise.

Suggested posts