Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs appearing greyed out, but are playable.

Songs appearing greyed out, but are playable.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(Desktop) 

Operating System

(Windows 10) 

My Question or Issue

I've noticed that on my desktop random songs are greyed out in offline mode like that cannot be played in Canada.  However, whenever I go online they play fine.  In addition, when I double click the greyed out songs in offline mode, they play fine.  I use a mobile hotspot where I live and my computer is a chore to move so I'd prefer to not have to do a full reinstall. If somebody could help me out that would be great!  

3 Replies

Hey @Kunii.

Thanks for getting in touch.

That's interesting. Greyed out songs means that the songs are (temporarily) not available in your region. These songs shouldn't be playable. What happens when you go online, do the songs stay gray?

You mention you prefer not to do a full reinstall. Do you mean that you do not want to reinstall the operating system on your computer? Because when something happens that is not supposed to happen, we first recommend to do a reinstallation of the Spotify app. We hope you'd like to try this. You can read here how to.

Let us know what the result is. We'll be happy to help you further.

Have a nice day.

When I go online all of the songs are no longer greyed out which is peculiar to me.  It seems to me like this could perhaps be an issue with Spotify retaining my location when going offline?

Hey @Kunii, thanks for keeping us posted. 

Normally, songs are greyed out due to regional restrictions, or because you haven't downloaded them for offline use. The songs that appear in grey, are they already downloaded? If so, can you send us a screenshot of how they look? 

Also, do you use local files on your Spotify app?

Lastly, we strongly recommend that you have your app up-to-date.

Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

Suggested posts