Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are greyed out for no good reason and I'm sick of it

Songs are greyed out for no good reason and I'm sick of it

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify greys out songs on my playlists for no good reason. The songs ARE available in my country, that's not the problem. When I click on the song on my playlist, it says "This content is not available." However, when I click the song's album and play the song through there, Spotify says something along the lines of "Spotify can't play this song right now. If the song is on your computer, you may import it." When I click on the song again, it finally starts playing, and it appears back on my playlist. This repeats every time I turn on my computer.

The problem is on my desktop app; on mobile, the songs are not greyed out, but when I try to play the songs through my phone while my desktop app is on, they won't play.

I've already closed and reopened the app multiple times, installed the newest version, yadda yadda yadda, nothing works.

Attached an image as an example how my playlists look like.

If there's no fix for this, I'm permanently changing from Spotify to something else. This is hilariously ridiculous and bad.

bullshit.png
1 Reply

Hi @Fazikkuu,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Do you use VPN / proxy? If yes, then try disabling them to see if that does the trick. You can also check your Firewall's settings to see if there's anything in there that's hindering Spotify from accessing your network.

Another thing to test is to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking and run Spotify so that other unnecessary background programs won't run and (potentially) mess up with the app's behavior.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts