Songs become unavailable after Spotify update

Plan

Premium

Country

VietNam 

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

After I updated my Spotify app on Windows 7, some of my songs become unavailable (Killing the Mercy, Don't Get Me Wrong (And One); Gods and Monsters (Lana Del Rey)). I was able to listen to them before. I checked the And One's album S.T.O.P., although it's unavailable after the update, one song of the album (S.T.O.P. The Sun) is still available in my library.stop.JPG

the sun.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

As Spotify wants you to have all music available out there, they have to go through legal rights of the owner.

Sometimes greyed out songs/unavailable songs are chosen not to be provided by record labels or the artist himself.

There's a chance one song is available in one country and banned in another.

In addition, in some cases it is just an app issue so i'd recommand reinstalling new copy and try search for it again.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further help=)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

As Spotify wants you to have all music available out there, they have to go through legal rights of the owner.

Sometimes greyed out songs/unavailable songs are chosen not to be provided by record labels or the artist himself.

There's a chance one song is available in one country and banned in another.

In addition, in some cases it is just an app issue so i'd recommand reinstalling new copy and try search for it again.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further help=)

Suggested posts