Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs don't start when i click play on pc app ( they are not grey out songs )

Songs don't start when i click play on pc app ( they are not grey out songs )

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When i click play on a song on spotify, it does not start to play song nor give any error messages. It's like completely ignoring clicking. I can listen these songs on my phone with no problem.  I have already have last version ( updated today). 

17 Replies

Hey @Ramchos 

There might be a work around that could possibly help you. Run Spotify on both your phone and computer at the same time. But use your phone to select the song. Once you do that does it say that it's being played on your phone? If not then i would recommend reinstalling your spotify. If it does show that it's being played on your phone, change it to play on your computer. If it plays then try clicking on other songs. 

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @Keanu_C
I have tried your solution and it has some flaws. I have opened Spotify both on pc and phone and here how it goes;

On computer, i couldn't play the song so i tried opening it on phone app. After it started to play, i switched to play on computer and it started playing song. But after song finished it doesn't pass to next song which is strange because i was playing an album.
I couldn't pass to next song on computer so i went through phone and click next song. This time i couldn't click on songs on my phone as well. Same song doesn't even start on my phone.
After that i opened my computer and switched to my phone from available devices. This time i could play song on phone with selecting it on my computer. But when song ends, it doesn't start to play songs again.

I have the same issue. The workaround I have found is to "Follow" the album and then click play again on desired track.

It's annoying to say the least  - I don't want to follow/ then unfollow every album I would like to play a song from, but it's probably quicker than the phone method suggested below.

Same problem here - spotiy only plays songs that are in any of my playlists (Win10, Desktop) ... any other song clicked on the play button (searched or by surfing over artist/album) nothing happens.

Hey @Ramchos @LJS281 @Onassis 

It seems like there is currently an ongoing issue that is happening to other people that use Spotify on their computer. 

What is currently being suggested right now is running Spotify as Administrator. If that doesn't work try seeing if your sound drivers need to be updated. 

Here is the link to the ongoing issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star

Hey @Ramchos 

So now the issue is happening to your phone as well? But did it fix itself on the computer or is that still having issues?

Keanu_CSpotify Star

Hello @Keanu_C
No, it's still no working on computer. I give up and started using web player. This way i can listen songs with no problem. There must be a communication bug with computer and phone player i think.
As @Onassis mentioned i can only play songs which i have added to my playlists on computer.

i have the same problem on win10, reinstalling Spotify didnt help, the solution i have found atleast for me is to shutdown every spotify process in task manager and restart spotify after that.

Hi @Ramchos 

Right on, keep an eye on the ongoing issue thread that i posted. Once the issues has been addressed, they'll post it there.

Keanu_CSpotify Star

I am having kind if similar issue.

Spotify works great on my phone.

But on the pc their is no audio , sometimes the clicks are ignored and the track progresses .

I have tried the application as well as the web player .

I have even disconnected the bluetooth but no difference .no audio . 

Hi folks! 

Apologize for not jumping in this thread earlier, but we just came across this thread.

@Pritishsaraogi, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. On another note, are you only having this issue with Spotify or with other streaming apps as well? Lastly, would you mind letting us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your PC?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Same issue. Cant click play on anything. App is 100% useless. Got it from the Windows Store btw. What are we paying rising membership costs for Spotify for?

Having the same issue, I can't play anything on Windows 10 desktop app except my pre-existing playlists.

Restarting, reinstalling didn't help.

HELP!

SpotifyIssue.gif

Hi @Mallior!

Do you use any VPN? If yes, then try disabling it to see if you'd be able to play tracks without issues, as the VPN may be interfering and blocking the app. Check also if your antivirus software has any network management functions and turn them off temporarily.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

IOt has always worked with all my different VPN subscriptions. Now all of a sudden the Windows app fails to play. It's ridiculous. I'm not turning my VPN off for Sspotify which runs in electron and should be perfectly capable of working with a VPN. Fix this, or people will move toto Deezer, Amazon or Tidal.

sooo,.................... still people are having problem with this ?? cuz i am too lol ....... 

I had exactly the same topic as described above: No posibility to play songs on a PC but working on my iPhone. So, I disabled the VPN  on my PC and this solved my problem!! In fact, when the VPN is pointing to the land where I am, this working. It's only blocked when my VPN is pointing to a land which is different from the land I am in ... FYI: I am using a VPN from NordVPN (not a free one which is supposely cleaner)

Suggested posts