Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep skipping

Songs keep skipping

I'm on windows, and when I try to forward or click on a part of a song from the lyrics, it skips to the next song, or the song restarts. And when I click on the lyrics of some parts of the song, something pops telling me something isn't downloaded or something, it just appeared once so I don't know what it said. 

(Kindly watch the video I uploaded)

Please, I don't know how to fix this, I've already uninstalled and installed it many times, even updated my windows but still the same. I just can't fast-forward songs.

(Before this problem happened, I uninstalled Spotify for some reason and deleted something from my settings that is related to Spotify, I didn't read it since I was in a rush).

I don't really fast-forward songs, it's just convenient sometimes when I want to sing my favorite part of a song.

10 Replies

This is happening to me too. I asked my friends to see if it was happening to them too but it wasn't so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't work. I tried everything but nothing has worked. This is why currently I'm listening on the web player since that's the only place where everything works properly for me.

True, it is working fine on the web browser.

The same is happening here. I can't fast-forward any track it keeps skipping to the next track. It's really annoying and probably this issue came with the last update.

I contacted Spotify Cares on Twitter, and they told me that the team is aware of this issue and they're trying to solve it.

They also suggested keeping the automatic updates on Microsoft Store turned on, that way, we receive the fix as soon as it's released.

How to turn on auto-updates? It's usually on by default, but here's the path:
1. Open Microsoft Store > click on your profile icon > App settings

2. Check if App updates toggle is on. If it's not, turn it on.

In the meantime, we must use the web player: Spotify – Web Player

Also just started experiencing this, hoping they get on this incredibly annoying bug soon!

This has been happening to me for the past 2 days I think. It's very annoying. But it works fine on my Android device and the web version.

I thought maybe my Premium subscription didnt auto-renew for some reason and this was one of the limitations, but no, I'm still subscribed.

I hope they fix this soon. It's driving me crazy.

Guys,

If you have Twitter, contact Spotify Cares, and tell them you're also experiencing this unpleasant issue.

They might make this a higher priority if more people are reporting the same.

Please, keep us updated here if they tell you something new.

Thanks!

Link to Spotify Cares:

SpotifyCares (@SpotifyCares) / Twitter

I am having the same issue since yesterday! It's so annoying.

Me too, it´s annoying

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm that our tech team is currently looking into this, so make sure to add your vote to the Ongoing Issue here by clicking on the Thumbs up icon, if you haven't already. Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments.  

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts