Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs no showing on other devices

Songs no showing on other devices

Hello, I am a new Premium Subscriber and new to Spotify.

I downloaded the Spotify Windows app and imported my iTunes playlists. The playlists and their corresponding songs appear ok in the windows app. I can play the songs no problem.

I bought a Tesla yesterday (that's why I've joined Spotify) and the songs are not showing up on the Tesla. The playlists show but they are empty.

I thought this might be an issue with the car, so I downloaded Spotify on my iPhone and the same thing is happening there. The phone is showing all the playlists but they are empty.

I tried troubleshooting as follows:

• I browsed Spotify for a song I like and added it to one of my playlists. The song plays on Windows and shows on the car (it shows as the only song in that playlist) and iPhone. It plays on the phone but doesn't play in the car. When I click on it I get "loading error."
  • I tried enabling Download on a few of my playlists to see if that helped but it didn't (I don't know what Download does)
  • I enabled in my Spotify settings: Show Local Files and Show songs from iTunes, downloads, and Music Library
  • I created a new playlist from scratch, browsed Spotify for a song I like and added it to that playlist. The song plays on Windows and on the iPhone. The playlist and the song show in the car but the it won't play in it. When I click on it, the song appears to load, the scrubber shows up, it runs for 3 seconds and then the player goes blank.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Jose

PC: Windows 10 Home, v19041.804

iPhone: 12Pro, iOS 14.4

Tesla: MCU1, 2020.48.37.1

1 Reply

Hey @Baxterdown,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Note that there currently isn't an option to directly import local files in the Spotify app, integrated in your Tesla infotainments system. We are however always open to new ideas 🙂 The best way to get yours noticed and considered is if you create an idea for it in the Community by going here - that way, other users will also be able to vote for it.

In the meantime, one possible workaround would be to import your local files to your phone and then connect it via Bluetooth to the car. In order to do this, you can follow the instructions listed in this guide. If you're facing any difficulties, try connecting your smartphone and pc to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. Make sure to also double check that you have the option Local audio files enabled under Settings Local Files on your iPhone.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts