Country

USA

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I've been an avid spotify user going on 5 years now and for the past couple months I have been having to deal with crippling issues on the Windows 7 client which is going to inevitably make me have to switch music streaming platforms. Even though I would hate to lose some of my playlists (one of which has over 500 songs) I am getting to the point where I am starting to look for ways to migrate those playlists since the Windows 7 client is becoming unusable.

The issue is that a large amount of tracks on Spotify just will not play when I press play. I get empty album art and nothing happens. I have been able to solve this problem by uninstalling Spotify, restarting my computer, and reinstalling Spotify. BUT the issue will come back as quickly as a couple of hours and I'm back to not even being able to play these tracks. I am not talking about grayed-out tracks. The tracks I'm talking about are available on Spotify, but whatever bug in the client just will not allow me to play them.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue which is currently happening right now, but this problem effects a large amount of tracks that I attempt to play on Spotify. And it's making it impossible to use Spotify to discover new music as I used to.

I would hate to switch platforms but if I can't get this issue solved I will unfortunately have to since this issue has been going on for several months and I have had to reinstall Spotify numerous times only for nothing to be fixed.

I would appreciate any help solving this issue.

Thanks

Spotify issue.PNG
11 Replies

Re: Songs not playing on Windows 7, reinstalled several times already

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Ellistan, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

This issue seems to be under investigation.

I'd suggset adding your vote and details there as well as following the thread for future updates.

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Ellistan
Music Fan

This is just honestly ridiculous

I literally want to buy Spotify premium so that I can listen to whatever music I want on my morning commute, but how can I support this company with money if they can't even make their PC client usable?

Collosal failure

Ethan_Moore004
Composer

Sorry that your disaponited like @Loxer  we are trying to do our bets to fix it

Till than it might be due to your operating system of windows 7 try using the web player

Please like!

Ellistan
Music Fan

I don't see why my operating system would be the problem?

It's obviously the company failing to do their job with the new version of the client.

I shouldn't have to dig up an old version of the Spotify client and prevent it from updating just to make it work as it should.

Ethan_Moore004
Composer

Just use the web browser

Ellistan
Music Fan

What an unhelpful thing to say

kelvinkelvin
Casual Listener

I have the same problem on windows 10, reinstalled several times but now it just doesnt work anymore. every song I play stops after about 10 seconds

Ellistan
Music Fan

Yeah, it's an awful client.

kelvinkelvin
Casual Listener

found a temporary fix, downgraded the spotify version to 1.0.44.100. didn't try newer versions and I dont bother because this one works fine. so it isnt a connection problem, os problem or anything like that as the "support" states. anyway here is the link hope it works for you too

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

SUGGESTED POSTS