Premium

Country

Canada

Operating System

Windows 10

Internet Provider

Videotron

My Question or Issue
Spotify will not stream any song that is not on the local disc or cached and the web player doesn't work. There is a now playing icon on the song but the song never starts and the image of the song on the bottom left corner is a black disc. Songs stored on the cache are fine. The issue is only present on one of my devices. Everything works perfectly on my android phone and on my other windows 10 computer.

I have tried doing a complete reinstall of Spotify multiple times but this only solves the issue for 24 hours at best.

I have also updated my QuickTime player but it didn't solve the issue at hand.

This is what is get when I try to access the web player ( This site is unreachable Can not find the IP address of the open.spotify.com server. Try to run Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN)This is what is get when I try to access the web player ( This site is unreachable Can not find the IP address of the open.spotify.com server. Try to run Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN)Issue on the desktop applicationIssue on the desktop application

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

check your hosts file (should be located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc ), open it with a text editor, and remove anything with "spotify" in the url from said file. you will receive advertisements if you do not have premium, but there are third party ad blockers if you google around

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

check your hosts file (should be located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc ), open it with a text editor, and remove anything with "spotify" in the url from said file. you will receive advertisements if you do not have premium, but there are third party ad blockers if you google around

Its working thanks!!

I AM REALLY SAD I TRIED ALL THE THINGS INCLUDING
1. REINSTALLING LATEST VERSION
2.LOG OUT AND LOG IN
3.TRIED INSTALLING FRROM OFFLINE INSTALLER
4 TRIED DOWNLOADING OLDER VERIONS {[OFFLINE INSTALLER,ONLINE INSTALLER]}
5. I EVEN TRIED RESETTING THE WHOLE WINDOWS
6.I WAITED FOR THE UPDATE {[ 1 AND A HALF MONTH]}
7.I EVEN TRIED THE ABOVE THING {[REMOVING SPOTIFY IN THE HOST BUT IT WAS NOT THERE]}
AT ONE TIME THE APP ONLY SHOWED THE BLACK SCREEN
THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING WITH ME THE APP IS OPENING ALL IS FINE BUT WHEN I PLAY THE SONG IT IS STUCK ON 0:00 EVEN WHEN I IS RESUMED JUST LIKE YOURS
GUYS PLEASE HELP ME
PLAN
FREE

COUNTRY
INDIA

OPERATING SYSTEM
WINDOWS 10 64 BIT
HELP!!!

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

If possible, could you try using a different connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot, and let us know if the issue persists?

Also, if you're using a VPN, try disconnecting it as it may interfere with the app.

Lastly, make sure that Spotify is whitelisted from your firewall/antivirus.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello, I have been using Spotify for like 2-3 months now and I have an issue with the Spotify app on my laptop. After three seconds, it stops playing my selected song online then states that the songs need to be on my local disk before playing. Screenshot 2021-11-25 113540.png

Hey @alex_chika,

Thank you for reaching out on the Community!

Is this behavior of your desktop client still persisting?  Please check that you have a stable internet connection while streaming, as drops of your signal could be the reason for such messages to appear. It's also worthwhile restarting the app twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh and resolves possible cache-related issues. Let us know if this makes any difference for you.

If nothing form the above helps, please share what troubleshooting steps you've taken, as well as the exact Spotify version number you are running, plus the OS and version, that is installed on your desktop platform. Having this info we might be able to advise you better.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts