Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell G3 15

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I decided to clean up my laptop and deleted all my Spotify files thinking that if i reinstall Spotify it will be fine but when i did my songs and play list were missing and i couldn't listen along to friends on discord anymore. Although on my spotify phone app everything is still there (playlist and songs).

Anyway to get my songs and play list back, As well as being able to listen along with friends on discord?

3 Replies

Hi there @MissDutchen

thanks for reaching out !

I would recommend kicking things off with a clean reinstall following the steps provided here.

This is a bit different than the usual reinstall and should solve this type of issue.

In addition and just to make sure, it's also possible that you've logged in to the wrong Spotify account, which is a common mistake among users.

Therefore, I'd recommend you also log out of your devices and back in using your credentials on both account.

You can also use this help page to locate all active accounts listed with your details.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

spotify broke lol.PNG

spotify busted.PNG

 I did what it said and I still have this issue, phone app working just fine though.

The 3 play list seen in the first image are playlist that should be on my account on the pc spotify.

Hey @MissDutchen

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you still can't see your playlists after a clean reinstall we also recommend cleaning up the hosts file on your laptop. Check out this Spotify Answer on how you can do that. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network. If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea to further troubleshoot the original one (for example by restarting the router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

Suggested posts