Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs starting from beginning of playlist

Songs starting from beginning of playlist

Anytime I go into a playlist and click on a song to play it just plays the song at the beginnning of the playlist. I have to hit the next button to move trough songs.

Any reason why this is happening now?

14 Replies

Hey @apolloflame, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Spotify is aware of this issue and they're working on addressing it. To stay up to date on official announcements regarding this, please follow this topic: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Saved-album-song-selection-bug/idc-p/1619645

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else 🙂

I'm having the same issue but with Albums as well. Hopefully Spotify fixes it quick! 🙂

Same issue here 

Its been a week. Please get it fixed soon! (iPhone user)

It's now the end of August and I am still having this issue! Is there a fix at all?

I haven't been experiencing this issue for awhile now. It doesn't sound
resolved however it could be fixed on certain platforms. I'm not sure. Good
luck!

i have a simialr issue too.  if i play one song halfway through a playlist it automatically plays the first song in the playlist. super annoying

Hi folks.

Mine works fine whichever track I select e.g. select track 8, plays goes on to track 9 then10 etc.

I am using Player version 1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8.

Just a suggestion have you tried removing spotify then download and install a fresh copy of Spotify ?

Luck to all

Keith

It's now September and I am still having this problem. This is a basic feature. Infuriating.  Let alone shuffle not even working, after manually shuffling 700+ long playlists I cant even play them top to bottom without it kicking back to the start over and over. 

Also having this Problem, its very annoying and should be easy to fix. Please Spotify...

I also have this problem. It happens when I initiate streaming music from my iPhone to my Chromecast and then change songs with my Macbook. I get this problem when playing playlists, haven't tried "saved" songs or albums...

This is happening to me as well.  It is super annoying because I cannot listen to any other songs in my playlist - it keeps queing the first song of my playlist after I hit play on a song from the middle.  Spotify - please help

I have the same problem.

After each song the playlist goes back and plays the very first song in the playlist. Over and over again...

Having to go back and start the next song in the list manually is driving me nuts...

I'm running on:
Spotify client 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199)

Please fix this bug NOW!

I have a similar problem when playing a long playlist (+1200 songs).
After EACH song the playlist goes back and plays the very first song in the playlist. 
Having to go back and start what should have been the next song in the playlist manually is driving me nuts... and it takes tooooo much time...
I'm running on:
Spotify client 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199)
Please fix this bug NOW!

Suggested posts