Free

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify has been suddenly doing this strange thing where a song will begin to play and stop after a few seconds (typically at the 6-second mark). If I try to play it again, it will refuse to play any of the song at all. Other songs will not load and play at all.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify several times. I've reset my computer several times. I've gone into Spotify's files and deleted certain ones I think may be causing the issue. Nothing has solved it yet, and it's been going on for about a week.

I am at a complete loss here and need some help. 😞

64 Replies

Hey @Elliot4444,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Is this still occurring for you? Have you tried some troubleshooting yourself, or some of the solutions proposed earlier in this thread? There is a suggestion to try and see if turning the Crossfade feature to 0 seconds, makes a difference and resolves this issue. See if it does the trick for you. 

If the above doesn't help, then we can suggest you to perform a clean reinstall, which is more thorough that the usual one and cleans possible cache-related issues on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

there still isn't the exact text, and I don't see anything with spotify in it after I did what you said.

Hey @ThreeDeafMice,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

To make sure we're on the same page, would you mind confirming the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Also, to have more context about your issue, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For me it didn't show any entries with Spotify in them so what do I do now???

Hey there @romeski

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. 

If you haven't tried reinstalling the app still, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts