Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs won't play

Songs won't play

Plan: Spotify Premium version 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25

Device: PC running on Windows 10 Home

My problem is whenever I try to play something on spotify it will not play, there will be no icon on the bottom left side of the screen and the progress bar won't move so there's basically nothing on the screen. I tried using the web player but the songs wouldn't play on there either. Spotify works fine on my android phone but PC doesn't work at all.

I have tried reinstalling Spotify completely multiple times and nothing would happen. I have tried using different internet connections and that wouldn't work either. I have also tried using older versions of spotify. I'm guessing it's a hardware issue.

Sieppaa2.PNG
3 Replies

Hey @Rank0!

this a known issue with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating it. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

I tried doing that but with no success, nothing happened I still have the problem.

Thanks, I had same issue today and your suggestion helped me.

Suggested posts