Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs won't start playing

Solved!

Songs won't start playing

Premium User - Greece

Dell Laptop

Windows 7

I'm unable to play certain songs on my laptop app, even though they normally play when using my android app. Changing devices from android to windows will also stop the tracks playing and changing from windows to android will make them start normally. I have tried reinstalling and problem may fix itself temporarily or not. At this moment all my "Made for You" playlists are unusable, no matter if I reinstall. Also if I use webplayer no track at all is playing.
I have tried clearing my cache,  disconnecting devices, updating quicktime, turning hq stream on/off, disconnecting local files, literally everythig I could find on the community forums and nothing works. Worth mentioning that I couldn't find NOT EVEN ONE official answer on the issue, even though this problem seems to exist from at least 2013. Considering also my friend's activity panel is permanently bugged and doesn't work (I can live with this, but would be nice having all the services I'm paying for), this is making me seriously doubt how much Spotify actually cares about his customers and if it's even worth its money, as it seems to fail in its basic purpose, PLAYING MUSIC. 
I'm expecting a solution before my next payment.
PS: I'm attaching a screenshot of my everyday experience with spotify

Capture.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You need to delete the Spotify entry in your Hosts File.
you can find the Hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.txt

Open it with a Notepad that you opened as an Administrator. (otherwise its not working). There is an Entry for spotify, delete it and save the file. Restart  Spotify.

PS: For things like "I'm expecting a solution before my next payment." a Community Based Forum is the wrong Place. No one of use cares about your Payment to Spotify and it sounds a bit rude.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

You need to delete the Spotify entry in your Hosts File.
you can find the Hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.txt

Open it with a Notepad that you opened as an Administrator. (otherwise its not working). There is an Entry for spotify, delete it and save the file. Restart  Spotify.

PS: For things like "I'm expecting a solution before my next payment." a Community Based Forum is the wrong Place. No one of use cares about your Payment to Spotify and it sounds a bit rude.

Thank you very much for the quick answer sir, worked like a charm!
PS: Well it was rude on purpose, figured out community would have official administrators. Of course no one else cares about my payment 😛

I Cant run Notepad, It wont load up as administor.

Suggested posts